Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass "solo" Have a listen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ireidt, May 4, 2005.

1. ireidt

ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    Florida
    It's the song called time machine, so please click play on that one. You can lsiten to the other two if you want though.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/isaacreidtmusic.htm
    Its the song called time machine, so please click play on that one. You can lsiten to the other two if you want though.

Okay, I wrote this in about two days. I played all the insturments there, which is a looped bass part ( line 6 delay pedal ) a leas bass part, and I played the strings on my MIDI controller.

What you guys think??

~~Isaac~~

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That reminded me of this track from Mario kart 64

Link

3. ireidt

ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    Florida
    now i want to play that maro kart song lol

4. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I had a listen to all three tracks. Admittedly I didn't listen right through the end of all three tracks.

I felt as though there could have been a chord change early into the first track to keep it interesting. For the second track, there could have been too much effect on it. The third needs practicing.

These are all personal preferences though. All in all, pretty good.

5. ireidt

ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    Florida
    The second one and third one ( in my heart, all will stop and bass fishing ) are bad recordings anyway. Time machine didn't have a chord change for it was really just an improve that I built up in two days.

But all three do need work. I only been playing bass for 2 1/2 years ( i'm 17 )

6. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    thats a pretty nice bass for only playing 2 1/2 years

how old are you?

7. ireidt

ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    Florida
    I'm 17 years old. Oh, and I am self taught. Getting my first "real" lessons this tuesday. I had noe bass teacher after a year of book-reading, and he was really bad, only wanted to play cover songs.

8. i liked it, although i agree, some key changes could spice it up a bit as suggested b4

9. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Very good for just 2+ years of playing!

Keep it up!