1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Solo opinion

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by deathbassist, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ok guys i have my 1st show this friday and i wanna ask can you do to much on your first show like moving around on the fretboard because i have written all the bass lines ( those i already move around on the fretboard alot) and my band likes them all now all i have to do is at this solo but i don't know if i should. It is a set of two sweeps then going up half a step and doing one more sweep and then doing either a fingertapping deal or just some slides and hammer ons and pull offs! It is easy for me to do. but i wanna just ask do you think that's to much??? i havn't added it in yet but my band wants me to. i just think it might be a bit to much. Also the guitarist don't ever sweep or do anything that good. But they do come up with fast technincal riffs. so what do you think?

2. keep them short and to the point......it's real easy to do a good solo but lose the song......art tatum was said to be able to go out for 24 bars and land in the saddle,but he was art tatum.....