Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Solo

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by christos, Feb 14, 2001.

1. I hope someone can help me, here it is.....

The recorded version of Call Me Al by Paul Simon has a rippin bass solo, I know all of you are familiar with it.. The version in our TABS is not exact, it sounds cool but I really was hoping someone out there knows the notes.... They say that the recorded version is just a run that has been fast forwrded and reversed, I believe that because the notes seem very odd..... Does anyone know how to make it sound the same LIVE? The reaso I am asking this is because the band that I am currently with wants to do a Ska Paul Simon medley......

2. voodster

voodster

Feb 14, 2001
    Singapore
    It wasn't fast forwarded. It is a slap part done on a fretless. Then the part was reversed and both parts stuck together back to back. Bakithi Kumalo played it and it was featured in Bass Player magazine with a transcription. Check out their back issues.

3. Thank you so much I will find the back issues....

VOODSTER ! Quick, efficient, and answered the ? with no room for confusion....

4. voodster

voodster

Feb 14, 2001
    Singapore
    Shucks, if I was really efficient I'd find my back issue and have the notes ready. I'll see what I can do.