1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Solo

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by christos, Feb 14, 2001.

1. I hope someone can help me, here it is.....

The recorded version of Call Me Al by Paul Simon has a rippin bass solo, I know all of you are familiar with it.. The version in our TABS is not exact, it sounds cool but I really was hoping someone out there knows the notes.... They say that the recorded version is just a run that has been fast forwrded and reversed, I believe that because the notes seem very odd..... Does anyone know how to make it sound the same LIVE? The reaso I am asking this is because the band that I am currently with wants to do a Ska Paul Simon medley......

2. voodster

voodster

Feb 14, 2001
    Singapore
    It wasn't fast forwarded. It is a slap part done on a fretless. Then the part was reversed and both parts stuck together back to back. Bakithi Kumalo played it and it was featured in Bass Player magazine with a transcription. Check out their back issues.

3. Thank you so much I will find the back issues....

VOODSTER ! Quick, efficient, and answered the ? with no room for confusion....

4. voodster

voodster

Feb 14, 2001
    Singapore
    Shucks, if I was really efficient I'd find my back issue and have the notes ready. I'll see what I can do.