bass SOLO

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by hjallis, May 16, 2001.

1. hjallis

May 16, 2001
    Hey all! My band is going to play a little gig at school in about two weeks.But the others kinda suck so i think im gonna lift it a little by playing a bass solo at the start! But currently i cant find a cool enough solo on the web.So any suggestions would be very great! (and even cooler if u know a place for tabs to the solo) Thanks!!
  2. make your own, that's i'd do. i'd play the star spangled banner after or i'd just play it alone. at least you got your band together. i've been in three bands all in two months and never had a rehearsal or just a jam session. anyway, good luck. rock out with your _ _ _ _ out
  3. Fatboy_Jim

Oct 25, 2000
    Well i dunno how expeirenced you are - these aren't major ear blowing solos but they sound nice

Ratm - Calm like a bomb
    Rhcp - Aeroplane bass solo
    Rhcp - Naked in the rain bass solo

The three of them are cool and not too hard but hard enough to make an audience think your great. All those tabs can be found on tabcrawler. Alternatively if you really want to impress them and are really good at bass you could go to and look up some of the mindblowing solos people have made
    Goodluck in your gig thing
  4. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Anesthesia-Pulling Teeth!!!!!!!!!! That will get everybody going nuts!!!!!!
  5. dawgawd

Mar 23, 2000
    depends on your audiance. I had this song I made that had a really simple and generic slap line, it went like this

(i'm not sure how it will look in this font)

nothing even remotely hard... but I let two of my friends hear it. One of them is kind of musicly dumb and said "wow, that's an awesome bassline" and the other, who plays bass said "I could train a monkey to play that". So basicly it depends who's listening to you. The moral of the story: You can usually impress idiots by playing some lame slap lines.
  6. not knowing your style or abillity, i would personally suggest something pretty funky, in style , but not fast,

the whole point in soloing isn't to burn up the fret board(any fool with fingers can do that). make a difference, play it slow, set some tension goin,, make the hairs stand up on the back of their necks

anyway, if i had to do it,, perhaps, something from Marcus Miller,, panther perhaps, the opening few bars up past 12th, or something by Jaco P

come on, come over. opening riff

then link that with a run to the bottom, linking it one the way with triads, inverted, scales

be inventive, anything goes,, and don't sweat over your next move while your playing, as long as your playing in the same key , theres no problem