1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Soloing - BAD HABITS! - ScottsBassLessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by devine, Mar 21, 2013.

1. devine

devine

Aug 22, 2006
    Hey guys, just put a new video lesson together for ya!...

In this bass lesson I highlight a SUPER common bad habit that most bass players suffer from at one time or another when trying to solo over chord changes. But, in this lesson I'm going to show you an AWESOME SAUCE exercise so YOU don't do the same!

Wanna know what the bad habit is?!...

Check this bass lesson now>>>NEW LESSON

Take it ezzzzzz,

Scott ;)

2. anonymous111813

anonymous111813 Guest

Mar 1, 2011
    You adressing a common problem for bass players. For all musicians who try to play Jazz or improvised music in general by learning scales. You show an interesting way to improve that. I try to tell my students to focus on pentatonic scales and common notes (soloing with the Am pentatonic scale over the changes in your video).

3. Bayonet

Bayonet

May 10, 2011
    I saw your video man! Great stuff.I really enjoy your videos,i always learn something good from them!

4. michaelandrew

michaelandrew The bass player is always right.

Excellent - just subscribed.:)

5. miles'tone

miles'tone

Feb 26, 2008
    Wales, U.K
    Great stuff Scott! I really love your lessons, you've got a great teaching style; To the point yet very casual and fun.
    Wish you had taught at the M.I. when I was there, reckon I'd be much better by now!
    Cheers.