1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Solos in Metal Songs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by EntropyAndDecay, Jul 19, 2016.

1. EntropyAndDecay

EntropyAndDecay

Jun 9, 2016
    CNY
    My band wrote a song that ends with a solo section for each guitarist and bass. This is something I don't see very often in metal songs so it's been difficult too find some inspiration. Luckily bass players like Dominic Forest Lapointe (Beyond Creation, Augury) exist but other than "Omnipresent Perception" and a few of his solos in Earthborne Evolution there isn't much bass soloing going on in metal. If you know of metal songs with solo sections that include a bass solo please post them here.

Before you all start suggesting Alex Webster solos I ask that you only suggest solos that are longer and not just the riff played by the bassist and no one else. I only have 4 more measures to write for the end of this 16 measure solo and need all the help I can get! :bassist:

2. eyvindwa

eyvindwa Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    What about some Metallica?
    Orion - there's a lot in there that you might not realize is actually bass on first listen:

Call of Ktulu - not really a bass solo, but lots of cool leads:

3. pjspecial

pjspecial

Jan 6, 2010
    Toronto
    Iron Maiden with Steve Harris. Stranger in a Strange Land always did it for me!

4. pjspecial

pjspecial

Jan 6, 2010
    Toronto

Bass Cover solo at 3:23

5. Nolifer

Nolifer

Apr 14, 2009
    Estonia