Bass solos

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Bassplayir, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Anyone know of any sites with just some bass solos, not as many songs with solos in them, but just solos, let me know...thanks

2. im not exactly sure what you are looking for.
    i think if you go to and you go under advanced, or even intermediate, it has some solos there. as for a site totally dedicated to bass solo's, can't help ya there.
  3. Right here you got
    Claypool, Les & the holy Mackrel - The Awakening
    Flea - Woodstock Intro
    - Rare Bass solo (98% right)

I play the prior 2 differently but these versions are serviceable.

There are heaps of others just look around plus remember that songs by bands like defunkt, incognito, marcus miller, jaco ect could virtually be played as solos.

Go to and print your self off a little ditty called hot water its a ripper.
  4. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY

It's also a good place to go to hear samples of Carvin's famous (or infamous, rather) pickups. They sound o.k. to me.
  5. The best site I've found for solos is in my head. Unfortunately, I can't give you the url for that. Seriously though, I think it's nice to be able to listen to a wide variety of music (with bass solos) and then, come up with stuff that's all your own.
  6. Most of my solos are wild exagerations of verse and chorus.

I have been known to convert classical music into solos, not a complete ripoff, but more of an inspiration. I've included Bach and Beethoven pieces into my own solos.