Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Sound

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by domestichatebas, Nov 16, 2004.

1. domestichatebas

domestichatebas

Nov 14, 2004
    I'm looking for that low-end "clicky" sound (like what korn's bassist has). I play a Warwick Corvette Standard 5 string through an Ampeg SVT4PRO head and an Ampeg PR410HLF cabinet. I have my mids off and my 150Hz all the way down. Is there a way I can set my EQ to get that sound or will I have to buy an effect pedal?

2. Having lousy touch and no sense whatsoever of playing bass helps :spit: .

But seriously, IIRC an interview with Fieldy, he said he turns the mid freq. all the way down on his bass, with max bass and treble.

3. plus i believe they mic his horn as well, for extra clickiness...btw, i don't think this is the best section to post this in...probably "bassists" would do...

Charlie

4. Turning down the mids and boosting the bass and treble is sort of the method that I used to use to get that click and boom type sound on my kickdrum when I played drums.

Combine that with a proper amount of noise gate and a compressor/limiter and...as the Aussies say...."Bob's your uncle!" (translated..."there ya have it")

5. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    ah, dont ruin that warwick tone with the clicking..it sounds like the drummer has a broken skin on his bass drum.