Bass Sound

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by domestichatebas, Nov 16, 2004.

1. domestichatebas

Nov 14, 2004
    I'm looking for that low-end "clicky" sound (like what korn's bassist has). I play a Warwick Corvette Standard 5 string through an Ampeg SVT4PRO head and an Ampeg PR410HLF cabinet. I have my mids off and my 150Hz all the way down. Is there a way I can set my EQ to get that sound or will I have to buy an effect pedal?
  2. Having lousy touch and no sense whatsoever of playing bass helps :spit: .

But seriously, IIRC an interview with Fieldy, he said he turns the mid freq. all the way down on his bass, with max bass and treble.
  3. plus i believe they mic his horn as well, for extra clickiness...btw, i don't think this is the best section to post this in...probably "bassists" would do...

4. Turning down the mids and boosting the bass and treble is sort of the method that I used to use to get that click and boom type sound on my kickdrum when I played drums.

Combine that with a proper amount of noise gate and a compressor/limiter the Aussies say...."Bob's your uncle!" (translated..."there ya have it")
  5. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    ah, dont ruin that warwick tone with the sounds like the drummer has a broken skin on his bass drum.