1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass speaker cab choices

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CharlyG, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CharlyG

CharlyG ~ he not busy being born Is busy dying.

Jun 11, 2005
    West Hills, Ca.
    I now own an Ampeg SVT-210AV, a Traynor 1x15 with a Delta Lite(still have OG speaker), and an Ashdown mi-112 with Delta lite(still have OG speaker)... The amp is a Rumble 500 head and I have an always on Tonehammer pedal. Today I am mixing and matching all of the combos. So, I would like empirical opinions on the different combinations possible with the idea of selling the cab I won't use. FWIW, the bass is a Squier Jag with a replacement maple neck and Quarter Pounder pups.

2. CharlyG

CharlyG ~ he not busy being born Is busy dying.

Jun 11, 2005
    West Hills, Ca.
    I'll take anything! I know this comes up a lot, but when i searched it said 2006...I am tending toward the 2x10 and 112 together. The 112 and 115 together need a mid or tweeter to get those high mids. Basically my tone is old school bottom, flat treble and bass, with high mids at about 2or 3 o'clock. Quarter Pound pup vols on full, tone at about 2 or 3 on the bass. I use a tonehammer to get a little Ampeg grind and the the AGS set to get a little fart(think Grand Funk) on the chorus when I dig in a bit more! Back in the day it was a Sunn 100 watt and a 2x15 Plush tuck n roll!