Bass special Light Effects

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FenderBassMan10, Jun 17, 2005.

1. We've all seen those basses and guitars that light up. The guitarist flips a switch and his fretboard lights up. people like Billy Shehan has this. This is probably very exspensive though. I've also seen some like stick on lights that go abve or below the bridge. It makes a cool light effect. The one i saw was a big circle that grew and shrunk over and over again. Anybody know anything about these, and where to get them? And the price range.
  2. If youre a warwick bass fan, that is definitely one of theyre custom options (it runs about $780 if im not mistaken - for the led's in the neck)...theyre Jack Bruce signiature Thumb bass has it, and Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit has it on his basses...I think they look particularly awesome w/ BLUE led's (but doesnt EVERYTHING?)
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    HOLD UP.

Are you talking about effects pedals?
  4. its a STRETCH, but i think hes talking about a "visual effect"
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I thought he meant putting super cool lights on your pedals.
  6. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    ive seen people put neon tubes and stuff on their pedalboards, but i must admit ive not seen anyone with lights on their guitars other than like matt bellamy of muse. i guess noone in perth can afford guitars like that!

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    There's a thread dedicated to installing led's on a fretboard. Do a search for "LED's" and I think you'll find it.
  8. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Most certainly not bass effect related. Moved.
  10. thedoctor

Jun 20, 2005
    Just kidding! I love to intrude! I have been putting whammy bars and exhaust pipes on basses for years. The exhaust pipes have multicolor HO LEDs in them that are controlled by the freq. and/or volume of the guitars output. Fun and easy to do. Some of you have probly seen em on stage but I have a few pics of the prototype. Back in a minute
    Well, that download manager thing doesn't seem to play nice so I will dump them on my site and give you a link. Later.
  11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Dang, that laser is a good, albeit geeky, idea. I have an old pistol laser sight I can use. :bassist: