1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Specialties

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mr. Gone, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Just wanted to write a quick post highly reccomending Bass Specialties (www.BassSpecialties.com), a new bass store near Philadelphia.
    I ordered a Thunderfunk TFB550-B from Glenn there and it was one of the easiest and most pleasant experiences I've ever had ordering gear. Glenn is a super nice guy and is really on the ball when it comes to customer service. He answers emails very quickly and he answers the phone at the store. He not only gave me the best price on the Thunderfunk, he shipped it out free and I had it the next day. When it arrived it seems Dave Funk put the wrong power cord in the box (he personally called Dave Funk to find out what happened). Glenn shipped a new one out the same day.
    Overall a fantastic experience and Bass Specialties will be my first stop when shopping for gear from now on.

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    Amen man! Glenn is awesome. I stopped in there last weekend and spent a couple hours noodling around on every bass I could get my grubby little hands on. He even kept the store open late to let me mess with more stuff! I'm going back this weekend to try out more rigs and basses. :hyper: :hyper:

3. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Just took a trip to Bass Specialties tonight. The place is fantastic! They've got a wall of Roscoes, some Modulus, Zon, Lakland, Sadowsky, Elrick, and a bunch more. I was even able to try out the EA Wizzy 10, 12, and 12M with that new little 300 amp they make.

I've been working a lot in Philly for the last few years and I've been staying in the Marriot about a block from the store. I kills me to think that I've been right next to the place and only found it today. I'll definately be back there again. Glenn who runs the place seems like a really cool guy to deal with too.

4. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    Glenn is a great guy.
    Fabulous equipment, no hassle approach, no BS, "try everything in the store" - plus there are many many chances to meet greet and learn from the best bassists around. This place is certainly worth a drive well out of your way.
    (I have no commercial interest here.)
    Red

5. jambassist

jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    i've bought a couple basses from him and he's very fair when it comes to trades. he's a real nice guy and he really likes my 21 yo irish whiskey :D. nice thing about his store is he's pretty much got something in everyone's price range. he's a great guy to talk to too.

6. BassSpecialties

BassSpecialties Bass Specialties

Jul 30, 2006
    Philly
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    21 year olds!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021