Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Specific National Events? Are there any?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Groover, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Are there any events held around the country that are bass specific where maybe famous bass players do demonstrations/workshop type things in a convention center or similar?

I've been to some Drum related events like that, but I've never heard of a Bass event?

Anyone heard or knows of something like that?

Thanks.

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Bass Day, which I believe is an annual event put on by Bass Player magazine is one I can think of. Also Victor Wooten puts on a Bass Camp twice a year I believe. However Bass Camp only accepts 60 students I believe, and close to 1000 apply each time. Victor's wife chooses the candidates herself, and said it has nothing to do with how long you've been playing or anything.

3. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Ok, thanks for the reply. The drum thing I've been to is actually called Drum Days, so that sounds like what I'm looking for.

So basically keep an eye in Bass Player magazine for dates and locations?

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Actually I just did a quick search and I cant see that they've put one on since 2003. Not sure if they still do them or not. Would be sad if not.

5. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT