Bass Stand!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stevecool_skint, Mar 13, 2006.

1. :help: I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? I am looking for a stand or stands to hold my two babies - a Thunderbird IV and a Fender Jazz.

I have tried a varity of stands but I have'nt found anything that I would put my faith in. Any ideas / links?:help:
  2. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne

i'm guessing with those basses you'll want a double stand that hangs the basses from the headstocks... sorry i can't think of the brand right now but i'm sure someone will think of it... i think it is called the AutoGrab...

3. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I have a stand called "The Ultimate" by the Genesis Guitar Stand company, and it's great. It hangs your bass by the headstock, and has nice velvety cushion on the front two tripod legs where your bass' body rests. I know that they make two or three bass version, you just gotta look around. Mine folds up really nicely and is pretty good for traveling.
  4. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I use the On Stage Flip-it stands, they work really good. And a few of the regular On-Stage stands as well.:) [​IMG]
  5. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I have seen this one used before. It's extremely light-weight too.

Or, what about this one...

6. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I have a pair of Ultimates... one for my Fender Stu Hamm, the other for my Warwick Thumb-5 NT... I like them very much... :D
  7. Thanks for that folks! Just got one off ebay that will do the trick nicley and only £17 all in! A bargain!

Thanks again
  8. hercules are great!!!!!!!!!
  9. Tried this one, actually the double version. Watch out; I picked up one bass and the strap caught on the bottom rest and pulled the whole thing over with my other bass still on it! Almost went into the drummer's cymbals! Scared the c:scowl: :rollno: p out of me! I'm going single stands from now on. IMHO, I would think that this triple would be off-balance if there's one bass gone.
  10. bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    +1, I have this one too. The one we have is the GS-100, works great!

Official site for Ultimate Stands

GS-100 @ Musician's Friend
  11. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    +1 here. Best stands you can buy in my opinion.
  12. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
  13. got my stand through from ebay! top notch! i can't wait to try it tonight!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

If anyone is in the Worcester area of the UK we are playing at Drummonds tonight! (16th March 2006 - 9pm start)

'SKiNt' - we play a range of covers from Oasis to the Beatles, The Clash to the Jam. Pop in and say hello (just promise not to laugh at the Bass player):bassist: :D
  14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I use the Hercules stand too, the one that holds 3 basses. It works great, even with my wider necked 6 strings. Very stable and well built.
  15. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Love my Hercules double stand! It takes seconds to set up and break down and is just about indestructible! One of the best buys I ever made.