1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Stands - Quik Loc or Ultimate Genesis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mattwells, Oct 31, 2005.

1. mattwells

mattwells

Mar 19, 2003
    GA
    Okay, I am getting guitar stands for my new church, and have narrowed it down to these two types. Here are the caveat's: the other bass players knobs sit right on the edge of his bass, and the arms at the bottom of A-frame stands will hit them. And, the other bassist and I both play wide necked basses (a wide neck 5 and a six, respectively), so they may/may not fit in the Genesis. Has anyone tried a wideneck bass in the genesis? How did it work out?

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I really like the Genesis.

My 1.75"@nut P-Bass still has about 1.5" of the Genesis V-shaped headstock support sticking out beyond the fretboard while it's in the stand.

I hope this helps...

3. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    I've got a Genesis GS100 (one w/o bottom support) and it holds my 5 string Dean Edge fine

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The Quick Lock Stands seem to be a little on the flimsy side. More of an older design and kind of dated, to me at least. I personally use the Ultimate Genesis GS-50. I like the compact size and very heavy feel. I feel secure putting my bass in it.

5. I'll never buy another Genesis stand having had 2 of the GS100s fail and the good folk at Genesis refuse to fix/replace under the "lifetime" warranty. Bah!

In both cases the mechanisim that locks the vertical tube in place fell apart.

Since then, I found these:

Hercules Stands

Very reliable!

6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    2 fo my Guitar Players use these! They love them. But they, for some reason use the BS-550B, which is a French Horn Stand. It does work very well for my bass on occasion!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I have two six strings and 2 wide neck 5 strings, and they all fit in my Ultimate Genesis stand with room to spare.

The Hercules is a great stand, and if you are going to keep it in one place from now on, might be the right choice for you.

I have never had any problems with the 3 Genesis stands that I have owned, other than the fact that somebody liked them enough to steal one of them.:(

The thing that I like about the Genesis is that they fold up so small.

I can put one in my pedal case, and the other in my gig bag. Less stuff to carry!:bassist: