Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass stands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by QORC, May 4, 2005.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    Guys: I have one of those stand up guitar stands that has a place for two guitars to sit, back to back. The kind that has a cradle at the bottom, and a neck holder at the top?

Unfortunately, one of my guitars is almost twice as heavy as the other and it has made the stand easy to push over. I've not had a disaster yet, but I've come close.

I really need a better option. Anyone point me to something? like that?

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Warwick Rockstand
    [​IMG]
    $50 at MF

3. The 3-guitar stand is 50$??? that seems expensive.

At thomann (german online shop) a 5-guitar stand costs just 29 euros.

4. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    +1 on the Warwick rock stand...i use the 5 space model even though I only carry 2 basses. But sometimes the guitar player uses it too.

5. I got a 5 guitar rack stand like that for like $35 a few years back. I'm pretty sure it's an Ultimate. Zero problems with things falling over or with the foam eating at the finish of any instruments.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    What is 29 euros in US?

7. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    about $37.50

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    There a couple on Ebay for less than $30...

9. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Check out Hercules. It's a pretty-ingenious locking stand. kinda pricey, but it's solid.

It'll work on most basses, as long as you don't have like a 37" scale beast.

One of my guitarist friends uses the 2-axe version for holding his Taylor and his Les Paul.