Bass stools

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Joe Taylor, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I just got done playing three 2 hour concerts, the Messiah. It's a workout for sure.

After all the sitting my Butt was done about 30 min befor the concert was over. I have a good padded stool, so soft is not the issue. It's the sweat issue.

Have any of you used a sheap skin on your stool?

Any other ideas?

2. How about padded chamois lined cycling shorts? I've never tried them for bass playing but they sure work great on those long bike rides...
  3. I use sheep skin on my stool and am happy with it. The only thing I've done that would make my stool different from others is ( I don't like talking about my stool!) I use a metal stool and it has a metal, circular stablizer near the bottom that you can use as a foot rest. I cut off one of the lengths between the legs that let the lower bout of my bass it doesn't get all banged up.
  4. A high fiber diet can also make your stool somewhat different.
  5. That's a good point Steve; a bran muffin or two would probably make the stool quite soft and comfy. :hyper:
  6. I was hoping I could trust you guys to exhibit some class on this stool stuff....but no, you have to stoop (oops, there we go again!)
  7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Hmmm...wonder what kind of stool is best for scat singing....
  8. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    For a sweaty drum gig, I've found a doubled-over terry bath towel to be a good solution.
  9. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Please guys, start a new thread when necessary.

I propose: "fingering bass stools."
  10. kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    or you could try playing in a prostate position.