Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Stores in Colorado??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by davepack, Jun 29, 2004.

1. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Anyone know of any GOOD bass stores in Colorado? Moved here recently and all I can find is crappy Guitar Centers...looking for a shop that carries high-end gear.
    Thanks,
    DAve

2. Go see Gary at GuitarX in Denver. They have lots of cool stuff. Plus, Gary's a great guy.

www.guitarx.com

I've been in the store a few times. Good selection of gear. They had mostly Warrior basses but also a couple of Dingwalls. Since then Gary has picked up quite a few nice bass makers. There is also a great selection of amplification stuff too (Bergantino, EBS, Accugroove, Genz Benz, Epifani.... etc.).

Geoff

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    GuitarX is the most reputable place around. Gary is a solid dude. His is the kind of store we would do well to support.

Otherwise, yeah, you're pretty much stuck with Guitar Centers, Drumlands, Musicians' Superstore, Prosounds and the like.

Denver used to have a decent Bass-only shop (can't remember the name), but it went out of bidness a few years back.

Of course, you could always mosey up to Boulder and delight in the collection of misfit, poorly set up equipment at Robb's Music. It's worth a laugh if nothing else.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    There are two Music Go Round stores in the Denver area so you never know what will show up.

There is some sort of store on Federal Way that sells on ebay alot.

NBS electronics is your home for all things tube and Right Wing. There's a small vintage type store a few store fronts down too. I don't recall what their general inventory looks like.

I believe the Bass-only store that used to be in Denver was called First Bass.

I'd say, get out the phone book (or Yahoo Yellow Pages) and a map (or MapQuest (if you're brave)) and see what you can find.

The GC on the south end of town has a pretty large bass room...but filled with GC generica.

Good luck!!!!

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    LOL! :p You can usually find an old SVT or two at NBS. The vintage guitar place is right next to it, they carry a few basses. Music Gear Guys on 44th carries G&L basses and Mesa amps. Drum City/Guitarland next door has Modulus and usually a nice selection of Ernie Ball basses.

6. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Spotlight Music in Fort Collins carries some high-end stuff and they're very price competitive. Rob the owner is a good guy, too.

Glenn D.

7. BeeBassist

BeeBassist

Oct 24, 2004
    Denver
    GuitarX is a by far the best bass shop in Denver.
    Gary is a very close friend of mine,but most of all a great guy.

They carry alot of high end stuff as well as some affordable gear,but no crap .
    Bee Bass
    Warrior
    Dingwal
    Lakland
    Adler
    and more cool gear Cabs Amps FX and so on.
    As well as a friend I am a customer and the service there is incredible...
    So if you have not been there check it out you'll be happy you did.

Bee Basses Rule

Dave :ninja:
    www.bigdaddypfister.com

8. weldon

weldon

Jan 3, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I bought my Lakland Darryl Jones from Gary @ GuitarX last month and couldn't be happier with the service. He corresponded with me by email *several* times while I was trying to decide what to order, finding out when new Laklands would arrive in the store, working out details on a trade-in credit, etc. He was always helpful and never pushy about anything.

I decided to buy a hard shell case even when I wasn't planning to because (1) he didn't push it on me, (2) I knew he would get some extra dough on the cross-sell, and (3) my Darryl Jones (Candy Apple Red) looked incredible sittin in the black plush. I don't normally buy extra stuff but I felt good about spending money with Gary - from me, that's saying a lot.

He normally has 2-3 Laklands (44-02, 55-02, JO, DJ). He also has a great selection of Aguilar and Bergantino cabs. Good Stuff.