1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass stores in Fort Lauderdale???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PatrickEdmonds, Dec 29, 2006.

1. PatrickEdmonds

PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    I'm going to Fort Lauderdale Florida, and was wondering if there were any music stores close to Fort Lauderdale Airport.

I can only travel about 30-40mins away from the airport.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    check out MAE on Davie Blvd- they may have some cool basses.

3. Dangit, you beat me to MAE, Adrian!

:spit:

...if you can make it to N. Miami, try:

Sim Music
    13390 W. Dixie Hwy.
    N. Miami, FL 33161
    305-893-5772

...they usually have one or two interesting pieces on the wall there.

;)

4. I'm an Aussie so my US geography is awful, but is that anywhere close to Orlando?

If so, Beaver Feltons shop is there and it's awesome - Bass Central. I spent several hours there last year with the guys. I would travel from Oz to go there!!!

5. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
  6. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    MAE is your best bet, that is the best store down here. The rest of the music stores down here are useless!

And you can always drive 3 hours to Bass Central! (just north of Orlando)

7. adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    MAE was my job for a while way back when. I was the bass dept. guy there before Jeff Kissinger ( no longer there ) took over, and I moved to Vegas.

8. I'm origionally from Boca Raton (ehh I'm not one of those boca people) and theres absolutely nothing down here to get excited about. We got Sam Ash in margate, Guitar Center in Palm Beach and North Miami, MAE (Which I love), and theres really nothing else.
    BUT I'm drivin to Tallahassee Thursday so I could drop you off at Bass Central, all you'd need to do is find a ride back :smug:

9. Unfortunately, a trip for the OP to BC is a bit of a haul, 3+ hours on a good day traffic-wise, realistically more of a 5 hour one way trip (traffic is never good in SoFlo, and the same is true in h'Orlando...I don't miss EITHER of those places! :spit: )

Having played a gig or three there in days past, I can tell those not in the know, that's a GOOD thing. A VERY GOOD thing.

;)

10. Hahaha, I know how the area is, everyone goes "ohhh so you're from boca". Those who know south florida know what I'm talkin about.

(Thank God I was born in Georgia :cool:)

11. adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Today i was driving in an area of Vegas called Summerlin, and the people are, how shall I say... upscale?
    And I thought to myself, this is so "Boca", because I know, I lived in Ft Lauderdale a long time, and actually gigged at a place called "Club Boca".. gotta tilt your head back a little and nose to the sky and say "Boca Raton" - which in Spanish means " Mouse's Mouth " so what's so ritzy about that, right?

12. I think there is a Sam Ash near there, because thats where i got my EDA905.

Bar what some people say, i have to say it was a pleasant experience :)