1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass stores in N.Y...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kalle74, Apr 6, 2006.

1. kalle74

kalle74

Aug 27, 2004
    Calling all NY bassplayers...

I´m travelling to NY next wednesday, and I´d like to check out the offerings...

Please post addresses to as many stores as you like... Manhattan-based stores with good used selection are preferred...

If you live in NY, and are getting rid of your reasonably priced (my budget maxxes at $1300) 5-string, drop me a PM ASAP including your phone number or something. Maybe we can arrange a meeting somewhere...

Thank You very much in advance.

2. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    Manhattan is simple, 48th st between 6th and 7th avenues. There you will find Rudy's, Sam Ash and Sam Ash, umm I mean Manny's. Not much used.

30th st guitars, 30th between 7th and 8th, and Matt Umanovs in the Village. 30th currently has about 25-30 used basses, ranging from a 64 jazz to recent imports. Bunch of 70's P's.

Big Guitar Center on 14th betwen 5th and 6th. Check out the Vintage room.

3. +1

i was there like two weeks ago and got so much G.A.S. but i came home with a new amp. Some of those shops are great and some are just ok. Rudys has a nice selection but you gotta "know how to shop there"

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    If you can make it over to Brooklyn, you can check out The Groove Shop and Sadowskys Shop. I believe Fodera has a shop in Brooklyn aslo.