1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BASS STORES IN NEW YORK

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by drums1977, Sep 10, 2008.

1. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Hi!

I did't know where to writ this, I hope it is the right place... I live in Spain and I will be visiting NY for the first time next october. Of course, to take advantage of the value of Euro now, I want to get myself a nice bass guitar, possibly a Fender Jazz or a Lackland. I know there are a bunch of stores in the center of Manhattan, but I've heard they are for "tourists", meaning higher prices and limited choice. Is that true? Could any of you guys recommend a good bass guitar shop with a wide choice and fair prices? Thanks so much, can't wait to go there!!!

J

2. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    48th street between 7th and 8th avenues. There You will find Sam Ash, Manny's and Rudy's Music (my fav) all on the same end of the block.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246905

4. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Thanks very much guys!

5. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Thanks very much guys!

6. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Thanks very much guys!

7. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Also, if you have an interest in G&Ls, check out Guitarman at 147 Orchard St. They are one of I believe two G&L dealers in the country that are supplied with L-series basses that have a particular tweak in the electronics. The specifics of said tweak I can't recall. Nice guys, too.