1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass stores-Washington to Richmond area

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by truckplayer, Sep 23, 2010.

1. I would like to know of bass stores in the Washington, DC to Richmond area. I know only of a few but I'm sure of missing others.

thanks

2. Bob's House of Basses in the DC burbs and Fretwell Bass in Staunton, Va. If you're closer to DC, it would be worth a trip to see Mike Shank in southcentral PA.

3. I recently had some bridge work done on my bass at Mercury Fine Violins in Richmond. The owner is a classically trained cellist (with a minor in bass), so don't be fooled by the 'violins' in the name.

4. I bought my bass and amp from Jerry at Fretwell Bass. Great guy to talk to and to know! Jerry does excellent work. Never seen so many basses in one place.

5. finn74

finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    Washington DC Area
    Washington Music Center in Wheaton Md (new and used)

Atomic Music in Beltsville Md (used)

Guitar Centers in Falls Church Va & Rockville Md (new and used)

Pix and Stix in College Park Md (used)

6. Troy Robey

Troy Robey

Jun 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    + 1 for Fretwell's. I just played a gig in Staunton and Jerry and Mary Jane loaned me a great old Epiphone. They've got an impressive store filled with classic American plywood basses and Jerry does nice restoration and setup work.