1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zao144, Mar 26, 2009.

1. zao144

zao144

Jul 6, 2008
    Lodi, New Jersey
    I dident see an accessories section so
    I put this here.

Can anyone recommend a good strap to use for limited movement? The strap I'm using now is pretty thin and tends to move around alot, especially since I wear it low. I was thinking about going with a Levy's 4 1/2 inch strap.

Any suggestions or experience with wide straps would be great. :bassist:

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Go to a music store and pull a bass off the wall. Go to the strap rack, and try a bunch of straps at the height you wear your bass. Buy the one that you like the best.

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    The Comfort Strapp. I got one back in 1997. I have three now, and a milk crate full of other straps I don't use at all. I've tried Levy's (like them a lot with my guitars however), a great 3" wide Peavey strap with sheep-skin backing, the goofy D'Addario "Air Strap", the Peavey Neoprene bass strap, and just about every kind of strap there is over the last 30 years.

Get a Comfort Strapp!

jte

4. zao144

zao144

Jul 6, 2008
    Lodi, New Jersey
    I tried to do that. My local music stores dont have straps that wide. The widest was 2 1/2 inch

5. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Any larger leather strap will probably not move around very much. Levy's are a good brand, but tend to not be short enough for me so I don't own one...

6. get a large leather one or something with a suede backing. They wont move around much if at all.

I'm using a comfort strapp and it does the job really well too!

7. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Maybe try a Moody's if you're up for spending big cash?

8. pierreganseman

pierreganseman

Aug 23, 2008
    Brussels
    comfort strap!!

9. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    I just use the 2" one from Ernie Ball. I don't quite see the need for such a huge strap. This one holds up very well. Holds good on two guitars and three basses that i've played.

10. mndean

mndean

Mar 20, 2009
    California
    I have a very comfortable strap, 2 1/2" wide that was given to me by a guitarist friend. It's called a Fretsling and is finished on one side and suede on the other. Great strap. No sliding, no neck dive ever.

I don't think they make them anymore, but anyone handy with leather could make a copy, since the design is shown in the patent (which I'm pretty sure has expired). #4,148,423 for anyone interested.