Bass String: Instant cat toy!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Screw boiling 'em or whatever people do with old bass strings, dangle the ball end infront of your cat and watch them go insane! They like the other end too, but I worry it might gouge thier eyeball out in one of thier fits of batting frenzy.
  2. That certainly brightened my day. My cats loved tin foil rolled into a ball; chased it around the bathtub they did.
  3. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    At least one of the kitties get involved whenever it's string changing time at my house - sometimes it's both!

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    :D :D :D

yes, those are my cats 2 favorite toys. the ol luminum foil and the bass string. it can be a pain in the ass too at times :mad: :D .
  5. Wow, I thought our cat was the only one that went crazy over bass strings at changing time. By the way, have you ever taken a deep whiff of catnip?
  6. :p :D
  7. My cat loves bass strings, as well as guitar strings. it's like they're irresistable. hard to catch, and they spring back.....

on a related note, i remember having a recipe for tea from catnip......for humans. never tried it, but it may be interesting......
  8. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    what does catnip even do for cats?
  9. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Kinda like what Ecstasy does for humans, it would seem... depends on the cat, too. Some appear more sensitive to it.
  10. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

I miss my cats...

one of the things (other than the string trick) is the laser thang' - they go crazy and will run into a wall chasing a laser.

have you ever given a cat a marshmellow? ;) funny!
  11. jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    The laser drives my cat nuts. Even after I'm done playing with the laser she will just sit there waiting for it to come back.

Oh yeah, strings too. they love them.
  12. chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Bass strings and lasers are all good, but the best are the rings from gallons of milk. My cat would actually play fetch with me with them.
  13. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Me & the Kitties were sittin around last week, and they were bored with the laser, the milk rings
    and the pull tabs from the frozen OJ. So I went
    looking for a new game for them, and came across
    the box of Hot Wheels track in the closet,I thought what the heck they may like it. So I set
    up the track, and started sending some cars down
    it, and they went nuts, they were chasing the cars
    and one of them figured out he could stop a car and cause a wreck. They had a blast. The next
    morning I got up and one of them was sleeping
    on the track, one was sleeping in the middle
    and the other was passed out under the table.
    They all looked at me like is it time to start playing cars again?