1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass, strings and beats...and keys! new tune from me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Hi All

Hope you're OK out there, just wanted to share my latest home recording with you all...

I used Logic, BFD for the drums and even played keyboards on it, (I have an M Audio basic midi keyboard now), the Sei sounds particularly nice... I think I'm getting the balance of sounds better now, hopefully there will be more in the bag soon.

Bullfrog

(You'll need Quicktime to stream the high quality MP3)

Or just go to my Myspace page, it's the first song there.

thanks for listening

Mike

2. sounds good!

3. Cool man - thanks!

Mike

4. i'll admit--when i read the (boogie) and the nature sounds i thought i was in for something i probably wasn't going to be keen on, but it turned out to be really impressive--just a question because i am getting into keys as well--can you shed some light on your chord voicings?

5. thanks again man, really glad you dug the overall vibe... I have to admit with the chords I play them all the time on the bass but I never give them a second thought... until I tried to play them on the keyboard! It's not my strong suit, actually describing the extensions etc but they are a mix of augmented major and major chords on the first part, then I use some first inversions, the solo section is all major, Bmaj, C#maj, Gmaj and Amaj, that's about it!

I hope that helps, I can probably create a midi file with score on, but I don' have time right this minute, thanks again for checking it out.

Mike

6. One time bump for this - would love to hear what others think of the overall vibe on this... thanks for listening.

Cheers

Mike

7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I like the vibe but feel the bass is out of sync with the "drums". feels really, really rushed to me and some of the improvisation sounds a little random I think.
    I do like the general idea tho!! and the bass is recorded nicely