1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass studio photos (major classified/parts bass content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bolophonic, Jan 13, 2012.

1. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Here are some photos of my bass projects. At least half of this came from the classifieds.

9cf0bb4e.

cec9f69b.

bf97577c.

2. I like the look of that blue burst PBass a lot. Where did you get a body color like that? I'd love to find one in that finish.

3. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    What he said.

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I randomly found that body on eBay. eBay is the worst place to buy necks, but a great place to find cheap bodies. I think.

5. Thanks for the comeback. Is it a Fender PBass body or another brand. I've never seen any PBass in that finish. Not a MIA, MIM, Squier or any I've ever seen advertised of in their catalog. That's quite rare and I doubt anyone could do a refinish that looks like that. I've seen that color on a G&L but never a Fender. I want one, LOL.

6. I agree. I have found several nice strat and jazz bodies for dirt cheap on ebay, and few necks that were just kindling:)

7. is that a blue sx? what's that blue tool on the shelf behind it!?

8. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Please tell me you're going to put a Dimarzio Model One or something into that sunburst one. That would be gnarly.

9. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Some more:

a56c2c94.

d97b5b2b.

e7dc1267.

10. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    bed505aa.

11. I believe the blue P bass body is a Mighty Mite. I've seen them on Ebay as well and almost bought one a couple of times. There's also a really nice orangy sunburst that you see a lot as well.

12. Many thanks. I'll check out their site that may be a great way to build one. :D

13. Dymond-

Dymond-

Jan 26, 2011
    London, ON
    Lmao, good eye :p

14. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    It was suggested by the seller that the blue burst was a Washburn body, but I don't know anything about Washburn, so I couldn't tell you if that is right. The routing work was 2d rate, but I was able to make it work. Maybe that is why it was so cheap. The neck is definitely Mighty Mite.

Seriously.

15. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    That is a great suggestion, but I am taking that bass in a different direction. I consistently wind up with basses that have crude routes to make room for humbuckers. Right now, it has a fretless neck. I might experiment with a Dimarzio Model One down the road... I use the Model P fairly often.

Thanks for the interest, everyone.