bass suggestions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nazmyth, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Nazmyth

Mar 10, 2003
    what is a good bass to get for hard low end music? i heard good things about the ibanez's but just wanted the ur opinion:p
  2. What do you mean by "low end"?

Like Korn?...
  3. Nazmyth

Mar 10, 2003
    by low end i mean a bass with good lows such as mudvayne korn killswitch and stuff like that really low end sound chunky sounding but ten again have good highs :meh:
  4. Musicman Stingray 5-String would be my choice
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Mudvayne does not have a low end sound. If anything it is very midrange. Kill switch is pretty much well rounded.

Low end sound would be Reggae or Dub. Korn would be low because of what they tune to. But they have a scooped sound with highs and lows without mids.
  6. Nazmyth

Mar 10, 2003
    ok... :confused: my fault then.... well then what kind of bass would u recommend for the midrange well rounded sound? :)
  7. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    With influences like those, I'd go for a Warwick if they're in your price range. Try out the Corvette and the Bolt-on thumbs. Both are great instruments, but many complain about the pickups and the feel.
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

I would say to get a MTD Kingston or if money allows get a used a Spector or another consideration would be a Tobias Toby Pro.
  9. Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Hit every music store in you area. Play as many basses as you can. Make them hook you up the good amp whatever it may be for that particular store. Take the amp and the axe from high to low. Every note, every fret. Remember what works for all of us that may answer this thread, may not work for you. Do some serious window shopping so to say. Don't use any effects or EQ. Let the Bass do it's own talking.
  10. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I tottaly agree with odie on the part about mudvayne not having a low end. I like korn a bit and It is the way they tune. Dropped A.

But I have no experience with too mny other basses.