Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass summit IV pix, lots of pretty basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xush, Aug 24, 2003.

1. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well, we had a nice turnout for sure. Most folks stayed the whole time, that was cool!
    An added bonus that I wasn't expecting; parts of the summit were filmed for broadcast on a local comcast channel, so the attendees may soon be TV stars! I'll try to get the segment online if possible.

Some awesome basses, some phenomenal players, and one very talented young luthier. And the TB Wishy. One guy actually liked it best!

bass summit IV pics

sorry if I didn't get a picture of everybody, but there will be more pix soon I hope.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I stickied this.

BTW, is that a Pignose behind the lady playing Stick? Who let that in?!?

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    thanks for stickin' it, Ken.
    Yeah, I guess that is a little Pignose back there, didn't even notice it. There is so much gear lying around that studio, I haven't checked half of it out yet. Should of set that up to demo the Wishy...

4. hanales

hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Here's a gem!!!

:D

[​IMG]

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Is that Purple Linny from AGB?

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    yep, that's her.
    purple linny

and that's her purple bass, the one featured in Bass Player Mag a while back.
    PL1

hopefully some other folks will have better pix to share, we didn't get to cover all the ones we wanted.

8. [​IMG]

Do you see this face? I do. And I know a way to help. For just 12 dollers you can help this poor little creature, save it's bass from becoming grocery money. Often, the music scene is littered with so many bands with indie produced and recorded records, not all of them can keep they're gear, and still have enough money to pay groceries. So please, help a unsigned band out. Pick up the phone and dial the number at the bottom of your screen, and donate 12 dollers that you know will go, to a very worthwhile cause, the unsigned band. Thank you.

:D

9. Thats my newest background :) It's so perfect that it replaced my old one of the naked chick hold the 5 string bass!

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hee hee :D

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yup, that's excellent bass face, JT!

Question to the group: what is this bass and why haven't I seen it before? It's amazing!

[​IMG]

12. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    John, I think if I had impaled Mark B with the Wishy and he split my skull with his D pushic, and then Robb pulverized the remains with his plywood bass, you would still be the talk of the Summit.

I bow to your ubiquitous celebrity!

[​IMG]

13. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I'd hoped to share the story on that Marchlewski bass by now, and tell about the details of the Summit; I'll try my dangdest to get to it shortly. Still playing catch-up.

Maybe Jon 'wolfehollow' will beat me to the Marchlewski explanation...
    I will say this, as to why you haven't seen it before: he made it specially for the Summit; that was the first time anyone had seen it (pretty much :)

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek: :D

it's the hair, dude. it's just the hair :D

15. And that face ;)

16. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That bass was simply INCREDIBLE!!!!

:eek:

17. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Holy Moly ! You huys had a serious collection of gear at the Summit !

Probably more than the whole Philadelpia metropolitan area !

18. guys, that was truly one of the finest musician events i've ever been to. i'm not a chops guy -- i prefer to say i groove :) -- but i never felt like any of these guys "outclassed" me. they were all really gracious and respectful and we all shared ideas and talked music as equals.

i had a lot of fun meeting people who were previously only handles and posts, and i got to lay my eyes on the marchlewski "BSIV signature" (as well as jon/wolfehollow's fretless 4). the pictures do not fully encompass how beautiful jacob's basses are. he is an exceptional talent.

thanks to mark for putting this thing together, inviting me, and inviting all these incredible musicians to hang out and have fun together for a day.

robb.

ps...look at me! i 'm evil!

[​IMG]

19. wow! the glare in your eyes actually makes the picture look awesome!!!

20. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Bass playing isn't a competative sport... We all bring something to the table...

;)

BTW.. It was cool meeting you, man!!!