Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Surgery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alanbass1, Feb 16, 2006.

1. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    Does anyone own one of these basses, or even tried one?

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    uh, is there a point to this question? because i cannot see what you are referring to.

3. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    http://www.bassurgery.com/

Look around TB, there've been a few threads about the company. Word on the street says that they're great basses, they just cost about as much as the average house (I exaggerate).

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Do a search. Find some colorful discussion.

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    £7,000.00 basic starting price; that ehm, 11500 dollars??

6. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    Sorry, the point was that I came across one that was 'passing through' a friend of mine who is a respected guitar tech. He was dressing the frets so the strings were off and I couldn't try it out or anything. What struck me was that it was both weird looking and very elegant at the same time; a strange comment but I don't quite know what else to say about the looks. The other thing was that it was incredibly light to pick up. I understand that they are very expensive, so I was curious as to whether anyone on this forum actually owned or played one and, if so, their impressions.

I have done a trawl on the site and it looks like they are known by magazine review only and not through first hand experience. I was thinking about the price and actually that is what people pay when they get something like an Alembic Series 2.

7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Here you go, starting from post #31, first hand experience:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189605&page=2&highlight=cast

8. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    Thanks for the steer. All I can vouch for is the fact that they are so incredibly light.

9. Ouch! Don't run with one of those in your hands!

10. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    it seems a bit suspicious that the guy(s) defending or more like endorsing these basses in the previous thread made an account, dug up a thread posted on the magic marvels.. then went away.. almost sounds like a commercial plug, or best friends or something...