Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass synth, deep impact vs. micro synth.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Suckbird, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    So im looking for a synth pedal and it's very hard to found the akai deep impact so i wonder what you think about the EH MIcro bassynth, it's pretty pricey though.

And i would like to hear sound clips of both.

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I have both. I like the Deep Impact.

1. It's built SOLID, the EH is not. I'm afraid to step on it, the sliders are weak.

2. It's easy to dial in good USEFUL sounds on the Deep Impact. In fact, many of the presets are good. The EH doesn't have presets and you have to lean over and adjust a bunch of flimsy sliders each time to change sounds.

3. Deep Impact is smaller, easier to transport.

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    ...and you mention the EH Bass Micro Synth is pricey. It's not compared to the Deep Impact. My EH is on ebay right now for $180. Good luck getting a used Deep Impact for under $250....they are no longer produced.

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I had an EH bass syth in the early 80s and never liked it. It always seemed to sound like an accordion.

I have an AKAI SB-1 which I love. Right out of the box it has excellent preset sounds.