Bass synth? Synth bassists?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Not the kind where you plug your bass into something, but the use off syntheseizers for bass...

Who here does it?

What do you use?

...I play in an electroband where i double (triple) on EBG, DB as well as synth bass. It's sooooo much fun, and I really like the synth parts a lot.

I'm using my friends Nord Modular and Micro Moog which is great but I was thinking of getting a rig of my own.

Possibly a Novation of sorts? A Micro Modular with a nice keyboard with it? Any ideas?
  2. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I used to play a home built bass pedal synth (much like the Moog Taurus) but currently it is retired, awaiting new electronics.

They aren't here, but Tony Levin does some tasty synth-bass with Peter Gabriel, and Mike Rutherford always used the Taurus bass pedals with Genesis. Both are big influences on my playing.
  3. Fortunately I don't have to play, synth and EBG simultaneously...yet anyway :)

So I don't need the pedals, but the Taurus sound is awsome...I think i get pretty close both with the Modular and the Micro Moog.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I love the bass synth sounds in refused. Check out "This Album Contains Old Songs And Old Pictures" awesome.