Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Synth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FOE_Bass, Sep 30, 2000.

1. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I'm looking for a new unique sound that's totally out there and wierd. What is a good bass synth. Boss, EH, any others? What different sounds can you get out of them?

2. Orgy_Fan

Orgy_Fan

Sep 19, 2000
    I've got 4 Boss Bass synthesizers and i love them...

The only reason i got 4 is so that i can set them all different for different songs.

3. ehx bass micro syth is really cool
    still looking for a song to put it in but i'm trying
    the only problem with the ehx and the boss syths are you can lose days of your life just playing with them

nothing like turning a knob and having it put a smile on your face

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I agree the EH bass microsynth is really cool. I use it occationally in my band's music, but it is more just a fun toy. You can get deep sub octive sounds, noise high sounds,
    flash gordon background sounds, fuzz, and reverse bow sounds.
    It is relly cool

-KB

5. don't get me wrong, the EH is really cool and surely is not a toy, i guess i just get a kick out of freaking out guitar players by playing with the sliders, i get a nice low sustained note and start playing with the freq. to make my amp bounce of the ground.

also it might just be me but i think the amp makes a big difference in the effect, i have a roland w/ a 12 inch. speaker and a swr w/ a 15 inch. and it just seems that the swr brings the sound out better. maybe its the extra couple of inches of cone.

6. puppeteering

puppeteering

Mar 16, 2000
    Akai has a new pedal coming out called the DEEP IMPACT, supposedly a high quality bass synth. If anyone's had a chance to play this, please report in!

The BOSS has more rhythmic settings than the EH MicroSynth- the EH has a sweepable wave that gives you some 80's sounding stuff, but the BOSS has a lot more bright-sounding synth sounds that seem to track a lot differently than the EH's.

7. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    Thanks for all the posts, I'll keep it in mind. By the way, does anyone have a used bass synth they would like to sell?