Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass tab for Brothers in Arms with Dire straits

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by SebastianEsp, Oct 27, 2003.

1. SebastianEsp

SebastianEsp

May 30, 2003
    Do anyone know where I can find the bass tab for Brothers in Arms with Dire straits? I can't find it anywhere. Please help me to find it.

Sebastian

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This song really is easy enough to make your own transcription. Do it and it'll help you more than just playing that song.

3. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    If you can't find bass tab, try to see if anyone has done a midi file. It's ages since I last heard the song but I don't recall anything too tricky about it...

Wulf

4. SebastianEsp

SebastianEsp

May 30, 2003
    I dont think it is anything tricky about it.
    I know the whole song except for a small part that I can't hear what the bass plays on the original so I thought maybe I could find a tab for the song learn it.

sorry for the bad english, i'm from sweden.

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    If the original line is hard to hear at one point, there's a good chance that any tab on the internet (or, indeed, any other published transcription) might not get it 'right'.

When I come across a part where the bass is hard to pick out, I take that as a section where I should play quietly and not get in the way of the other instruments. Sometimes basslines have key parts that you need to nail... and sometimes you just need to make sure you don't get in the way :D

Wulf

6. SebastianEsp

SebastianEsp

May 30, 2003
    Thank you Wulf