1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass TAB If you leave me 'Mental as Anything

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Dodger089, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Hi Can anyone help with Aussie Band Mental As anything 'If You Leave Me Can I Come To' Bass TAB
    Cheers

2. Sorta based around:
    Intro:
    -5----------------
    ---7-5-7-5-------
    ------------7-5---
    -------------------

Verse- Up a whole tone:
    -7----------------
    ---9-7-9-7-------
    ------------9-7---
    -------------------
    Chorus follows intro line.
    He's doing some other interesting stuff but that should get you started.

3. Thanks heaps. will check it out when i get home [supposed to be at work]& if you have played it befor i may ask you a more specific question.

Cheers

4. The part i am stuck with is the Last part of the Verse from the last 'A'

And the last part of the Chorus from the 'F'

Can you help???
    Cheers
    Shane

5. Hmm its actually quite jazzy.
    End of chorus - I get...

-----5-7-8-7-5-------5-8-7-5----------
    ---7------------7-6-8---------8-5-------
    -8-------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------

Verse- I think he's just playing what I posted earlier but with variations.
    Awesome song to cover BTW- I'm really digging it.

6. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    One of my favorite songs actually. Peter O'Doherty has some nice bass lines with some swing and influence.

7. Did you hear of these guys much in the USA? I've got no idea if they ever took on outside Oz.

8. I am a pom & in my late fortys. When i used to play in the 70s/80s we used to play English/American Rock, I now realise how good some of those Aussie bands were & how well they go down with a crowd.
    Thanks heaps for the TABS would love to return the favour.

9. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    I have never seen the band live in the states. The video for "If You Leave Me" was how I first found out about that band. We had a really good import record shop in Dallas that carried a huge array including the Mentals, other Aussies, and Big Country another favorite of mine.

10. The best Aussie band that still sound true today is of course Cold Chissel & some realy nice bass runs , Cheap wine &'Choir Girl I saw Jimmy Barnes perform only a couple of months ago & Yeh maybe the throat has gone a little croaky but i would give my best mates right arm to have him out front of my band.

11. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    The Mentals are still playing, mostly in Australia but also in southeast asia and apprently Germany where Live It Up is still big.

We supported them a few months ago. Really nice guys with a good show and good following.