Bass Tab Program??

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Motorhead Mark, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Hey all, I've been doing some looking, and I can't seem to find what I need, so I am hoping that someone might be able to lead me in the right direction.

I am looking for some kind of program that writes out bass tab, ie...I want to tab a song. So where do I look, and where do I go? I don't really need the bass clef, just the tab lines...any help would be greatly appreciated....
  2. z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
    Guitar Pro 4 is an awesome program, tabs anything, guitar, bass, piano, drums virtually anything
  3. Lhail

Nov 14, 2004
    if all you need is the lines, go to
  4. yea guitar pro 4 is very good me and my band use it to write out songs and you can also play along with it and it has lots of cool features on it
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    what my bass teacher uses for tab. ( Guitar Pro 4 )
  6. robe

Oct 19, 2003
    powertab all the way bro!
  7. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    I say Guitar Pro, way better than powertab imo.
    I used powertab first and thought guitar pro sucked, now i hate powertab.
    It's so much easier when you can jump bars, change instrument, speed, mute and all at the same time as the song is being played while on powertab you have to stop it and play it again, also there's MANY MANY MANY more tabs at guitar pro,
  8. Im curious, do you have to buy guitar pro? if not, where might i download it?
  9. nobles

Dec 5, 2004
    you could always go for sibelius... but if u cant b arsed to spend 2 weeks learning how to use it, i'd suggest powertab .they also have some decent, accurate tab.. unlike TB
  10. millard

Jul 27, 2004
    My vote goes to Sibelius G7 (a more guitar oriented version than the main product). Not only do I use it for tab, but it is useful for practicing.

If I see something in a magazine that looks cool or have tab for a song but the bass part is buried behind some other stuff and is hard to hear and practice against, I just work it up in G7 and then play it and practice along with it. Then I can fit it into the song much more easily.

11. utrvp

Jan 5, 2005
    Seaford, Delaware
    Are there any Tab programs on CD-ROM and where can I find them?
  12. Stax

Dec 19, 2004
    Will any of these programs let you input standard notation and convert it to tab?
  13. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Guitar Pro rules! Not complicated, has lots of tabs online, and sounds well.
  14. bonfire

Nov 28, 2004
    go to they have a program that you can play any cd and it will tab bass lines from the cd. the demo only lets you do 20sec of a song.
  15. Stax

Dec 19, 2004
    That Bassscriber software looks awesome. Has any one used this?
  16. bonfire

Nov 28, 2004
    ive played with the demo it works great. plan on buying the full version soon. think ill get the full suite :bassist:
  17. How do these programs work? Do you put a cd in your computer and the program figures out the song and put it on tab?
  18. dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004

Guitar Pro will do this, which is a huge plus for this program

19. I downloaded a demo of the sienzo. When I tried to get on the full version it asked for password. I hadn't set up a password. It won't let me on to buy the full version. Does anyone know how to get on this site without them requiring a password.