Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass tab softare

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Feb 23, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    can anyone give me some links to a bass tab software program download which is free and i don't have to register for...cheers.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. You know what is a great tab program? Tabit. Its not limited to just bass though, it has like over 100 instruments to choose from AND it plays the tab out for you in midi form. It kicks ass. Go to www.tabit.net i think. If not just search tabit, you'll find it

4. Why not just learn to read music? There are tons of great standard notation programs out there.

5. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    piss off!

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Replies like this piss ME off!!!

Watch it fella! :mad:

You're asking for help, people give it and all you can say is 'piss off'?!? :mad:

Get a life - fast!!

7. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    i don't like it when people give me replies which do not actually answer my question! and r sarcastic! like the two above!

8. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There's other ways to comment on that...
    You wouldn't pull a stunt like this in a biker bar, would ya?
    Just because this is a virtual forum it doesn't mean you can act like this...

'Nuff said!

9. I made a tabbing program some time ago... but then I decided tabbing wasn´t cool so I deleted it...

but it was starting to work pretty well though..

10. Where's the sarcasm? I wasn't intending to be sacrcastic. I simply offered what I believe to be a very good alternative to tab in general, which is quite frankly, very limited.

The time you spend learning how to learn how to program some tab software could easily be turned into learning standard notation. There are actually some very good standard notation programs out there like Cubase Score VST that will instantly turn any bit of standard notation into a very clear tab - yes, with rhythms indicated and everything.