Bass tab software???!!!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ydragill, Mar 27, 2004.

1. ydragill

Mar 27, 2004
    :bassist: Does anybody know if there are some bass tab software available on the market? Eg. not for editing your tabs but for ripping tabs from your CD collection...
  2. Ripping from cd? Like you put the cd in and the program tabs for you? I don't think that even exists... Or have I misunderstood the question? :ninja:
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont think it exists but the closest ive found is powertabs.
    Download the program, and then download each invidivual tab that you want. People have taken their time to tab out songs on the program. It kinda, pretends to be a bass and guitar (sometimes keyboard or other insturments as well) so you can see the timing of the notes as well as the tabs and standard notation. It is also a helpful program for making your own music.
    TO download the prog, go to "software" on the links on the left.
  4. Come to think of it: is there bass tabbing software? There are many programs to make guitar tabs, but for bass....
  5. ydragill

Mar 27, 2004
    After giving the enormous net some time I bumped into a software called BassFinder. Seems to do the job... :bassist:
  6. That's not a free program. Maybe i'll make a program myself. I've been looking for something to do for a long time so i'll see how that goes...
  7. ydragill

Mar 27, 2004
    Keep me posted during the development... :hyper:
  8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I just found this program and posted a question on it. Its called Full Suite Finder. Go to and download the demo. It seems to work pretty good to me.
    Kelly Lee
  9. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003

Thanks! :cool:
  10. Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    I got the demo of Bassfinder, it seems to work fairly well on simple songs. Althought it puts in some notes that are clearly not there when drums/guitars/vocals come in or when the bass gets really complex... Just my experience, maybe just demo bugs???

It gets the general idea of songs though, which is really all you need.