Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Tab

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by duff_hodges, Apr 25, 2001.

1. duff_hodges

duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    I find it more and more frustrating when I go into the tab archive, to find tab for a song which I need to learn, only to find that most of the tabs are incorrect, incomplete, or do not make sense.

Can we something about this! Does any good manuscript writer want to volunteer his/her services to recorrect most of the tab?!

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hey, Duff. Welcome to TalkBass.

Sounds like you just volunteered.:D

Just kidding. Actually, Paul was looking for someone to look overthe tab archive and do precisely what you say needs to be done. I'm not sure anyone has stepped up to the job yet.

Will C.:cool:

3. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Whoever cleans up the tabs needs to seperate measures with lines and put chord changes over the measures. Also, chorus and verse should be stated too. Ever try to play with a Rush tab and then get lost. You'll never find yourself again.

4. EXACTLY. Better yet, tabs should be written like this in the first place. It should be a rule.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes:

sigh.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    JT...you know that little voice inside your head that pipes up when you shouldn't be doing something? PLEASE...listen to that voice, ok buddy?:)

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D