Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass tabs! Newbies must read

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by metallicarules, Aug 19, 2001.

1. STOP ASKING FOR TABS ON TALKBASS!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP!!! YOU WILL UNLEASH HORDES OF PROTECTORS OF THE ANCIENT CIVILIZATION OF THE TABBEVILS!!! THEY WILL KILL YOU ALL!!! I AM NEITHER ONE OF YOU, NOR AM I ONE OF THEM, I AM SIMPLY A MESSENGER, OTHERS NEED ME NOW I MUST LEAVE............

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    BRITANNICASCHOOLS,

But see, if you warn them all off, they'll never find out for themselves why they shouldn't ask for tabs here...then, if they take your advice, they'd go through the rest of their FIeLdY wOrShIpPiNg LiVeS with this sense of lingering doubt. That's not healthy....I say, let them ask and find out for themselves why it might not have been a good idea. The knowledge gained will be so much DEEPER that way. ;)

Regards,

FSCOTCH TABEVIL

3. metallicarules looks like all that time you spend frolicing in the meadow with the elves is starting to wind you up.

Getting pretty sick of prancing are you?

4. Chris, that's easy to say for a member of TABEVIL.
    You could be right but from an outside perspective it appears to me that TABEVIL can be quite brutal. Forgetting tabs is a lesson that every cadet needs to learn, though such onslaughts could be very demoralizing to someone so green and could possibly even cause them to drop out of the uh....army.

Gruff, I am not sick of prancing because to preserve my manhood I don't prance for extended periods of time. Besides, my prancing is very tasteful. Remember, god knows elves like to sing, and singing always works better with some bass to back it up.

5. I hope this TABEVIL catches on.
    JT TABEVIL - rank of GRAND CONKLINATOR
    JAZZBO TABEVIL - THEORETICAL ENFORCER
    anyone think of anymore?
    If a mod sees this maybe it should go to OT.

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

DURRL TABEVIL - THEORY NAZI EXTRAORDINAIRE, BACKUP THEORETICAL ENFORCER should the TOFU ENFORCER fail, and GRAND EXALTED POOBAH of the INTERNATIONAL FiElDy DrOoLz SOCIETY.

GRUFF TABEVIL - 74th DEGREE SNIDE QUIPMAKER.

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Does anybody knows what the ***** are you guys talkin about!!!!?????????
    :confused::confused:

8. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    BLINKY TABEVIL - Also a thoretical enforcer (lesser grade), theory nazi, and groove guru.

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    From whence cometh, "BLINKY"? Don't get me wrong - I LIKE it, but where did that one come from?

DURRL

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It frightens me that someone that has a strong grasp on basic scale and chord theory is hailed as theoretical enforcer. Okay, I can be the enforcer, but I am constantly laying down the TOFU GAUNTLET to the supreme, frighteningly supreme, harmonic and theoretical knowledge-icity! of BLINKY and FSCOTCHGUARD.

However, I can live being the enforcer, for it MUST BE ENFORCED!!! I think it's easier being a theory enforcer when you haven't even heard 99.99999% of all the songs that people are looking for tabs for.

Tabs undermine respect for effort.

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The ghosts in Pacman (the video game, not the ones that live in Jon's skull), actually have names! Don't ask how I know this. There's Blinky, Pinky, and some others that I can't remember. I don't know, maybe Curtis, Sarah, and Jose.

12. Yes but please don't forget my brown belt in obnoxious peanut gallery.

13. acor1016

acor1016

Jul 16, 2001
    sorry dude i asked for tab b4 i read this, lol, and for chris not every1 that cant tab a song worships fieldy, me being one of the few in that club, later guys

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    aw, we won't be that hard of anybody....come on, post tab requests....we won't bite....much....

[​IMG]

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

inky, blinky, pinky, clyde, and sue

:rolleyes:

16. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    You learn something new everyday... :)

17. YoU wOuLdN't HaPpEn To HaVe ThE tAb FoR tHaT oNe KoRn SoNg, CuZ i LoVe FiElDy!!!!!

no, just kiddin. but if theres a war here, im saying neutral. not because im a pacifist, but because i dont do tabs, or sheet. but if i had to pick a side, itd be against all the little teenybopper fieldy freaks. i may like korns MUSIC, but i dont worship fieldy. give him a one string bass and it wouldnt change the music, as long as its a B. but in my opinion, playing others music just makes you think yer good. then you rip off their songs(by simply alternating their riffs) and suck even more. just play by yourself and listen to other bass players. then get jealous and try that much harder to be better than them. it worked for me.

18. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

:D

19. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    ....Uh....in Spain, the rain mostly falls on the plains? Yes.

20. NO!!!!
    "The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains."
    or...
    "The rahyn in Spahyn falls mahynly in the plahyns"
    :D