Bass takes a Bang! What should I check?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whitey, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Whitey

Jan 8, 2002
    Beckley, WV
    I was playing my bass tonight. It is a Fender American P Bass.(new). I was slapping a little and my 2 year old boy, which is pretty strong for a 2 year old, decides to slap with me, except he open handed it to the body. I think may have hit in the area of the jack plug in and the volume and tone knobs. Thats where I think I saw his hand hitting. He may have caught the strings on the pickups too because it was a loud sounding hit that come through my amp. The amplified hit made it sound hopefully alot more severe than it was. He is only 2 years old. I was upset though because this Fender MIA P Bass is new and I treat it very carefully. Is there a chance for damage? I looked it over and couldn't see any. I also played it moving the volume and tone knobs and such and seemed ok. What do you all think? Is there anything else I should check? Thanks.
  2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hi keeba!

But I hear he's a very strong two-year-old. :D ;)

I think you should be all right, Whitey. If it still looks and sounds like everything is working properly, then it probably is. If you obsess about it, it will end up consuming your life and sanity in a matter of days.
  3. If everything still works and there are no problems with the knobs or the jack input, then there is nothing to worry about, basses can take quite a beating ;)