bass taking a "major role"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Robbie Butler, Mar 20, 2004.

1. i was thinking bout using a pic for recording my bands new LP , because when i get fills people tend to be able to hear the bass easier with a pic , and live i'll finger walk still , cause u can't not hear the bass live, any veiws on this ?

( yes i get quite a few bass fills and hammer ons to connect the verse! )
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    If it sounds good, do it.

Thats about the best advice I can give you!
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Interesting title for your subject matter. In terms of not getting heard when you are not using a pick. Perhaps it has more to do with your bass/amp/technique etc etc than just not using a pick (although that would fall under technique I guess).

Just do what you like best really.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, I stared at that post for sometime trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about, OH A PICK! I thought you were saying you were going to put a pic (picture) on your bands LP of you so the fans new that the band did in fact have a bass player! :D
  5. if it was me id just fool around with the mids a little to bring yourself out...but thats just against playing with a pick...also i have a bass which just seems to cut through almost any mix
  6. Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    ok first of all ...LP?...."have I entered a time warp"....I'll have to BUY a turntable just to listen to you....and after that I have no more use for the turntable.....I hope you mean CD

sorry someone had to say it

I woundn't switch to a pick for a recording, you're a finger player right...I could use funk fingers to make my bass kick you in the head repeatedly, but I'm not gonna (unless it's called for)

Keep your with your sound...after all if you pick in the studio, and finger live it won't sound the same, and fans will notice....

A good recording engineer will get you a great sound, and position you for live...if they can't hear the the soundman....if you don't have one, get a better rig and turn the heck up!

I just hate to see you make a mistake you might regret later.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    A) People still release their stuff on vinyl because people still collect vinyl.

B) An LP is the "fancy music biz type" way of saying album... and album doen't mean vinyl... it means... CD. :meh: