1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Tattoo!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ef4, May 2, 2010.

1. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
    Ok so in a month im getting my first bass tattoo either on my chest or arm..im getting the bass clef but i want a cool design out of it. Can any of you help me out and show me some designs and tell me if i should get it on my arm or chest?:bassist:

2. As a person who has quite a few tattoos, I can safely say that you don't seem to be ready for one.

3. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
    y not

4. Because when you go to get a tattoo, you should know exactly what you want, and exactly where you want it to be.

It's going to be there FOREVER, so it doesn't matter what we think would be cool. We won't have it 30 years from now - you will.

If it means something to you, then by all means, do it, but not because of anybody else.

I love all of my tattoos because they're all personal to me, and I can't imagine not having them. But it saddens me when I see people in a tattoo shop looking through art books for ideas, because that tells me that they didn't put any though into it.

5. :D I need someone like you to smack me every now and then when I think of getting one!

I've wanted a tattoo my whole life, but couldn't ever choose a design. my tastes change soo much I don't think I could ever commit to something. so, for as much as I want one - I'm glad I never go one. Just don;t think i'm ready.

6. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
    It does have a personal meaning to me but, i'm asking your opinions on some designs. Having the bass clef is personal enough for me, i want it to show i am proud to be a bass player. The cool design is just a plus. I definitely know i want this tattoo.

7. I agree with 6Steve6Harris6. REALLY know what you want.
    Make sure its something you will NEVER be ashamed to show off. Make sure you get it from an artist who is on board.

Here are my bass tattoos.

My newest. One month old

100_1231.

This design has been done several times by different people.

IMG_2177.

My first tattoo ever.

122_0152.

8. nice!! really cool design . . .

9. Looks like Jamerson is playing a Lakland Bob Glaub.

10. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Ha! It does!

11. wow - it totally does!

12. Thats exactly right.
    That was like killing two birds with one stone.
    My two favorite things in the bass world. Lakland and Jamerson (in no certain order )

That picture was taken an hour and a half after it was done. I need new ones taken.

By the way...the chest is suppose to be a VERY painful place to get a tattoo.

13. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    I knew a guy who got a tattoo of a large, inflamed pimple of all things (on his neck). I, of course, asked him why a zit tat.

Answer: if he hit it of with a girl, he'd know she did not like him for just his looks.

He actually said that and I still don't know if he was serious. It was too stupid an answer, but he always gave that answer
    when asked. Sheesh.

NOTE: not meant to hijack the thread-just a tattoo story of interest cuz its so unusual

14. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    the chest isnt that painfull. I have mine out of all mine i would have to say the elbow hurt the most. like when you hold your arm straight that little part where your elbow dents in hurts very bad

15. Wow ... just... wow.

16. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm actually doing a bass clef design for school. I doubt anyone would want it as a tattoo but if you're interested I'll show it.

17. Wow. That's a really cool design.

Well, here's my bass tattoo...

tat.

18. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009

lets see it:bassist:

19. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan

as a person with my left arm half covered, i couldnt have said it better myself.
    i do have a bass clef on my calve FWIW...
    +1

20. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    Man that is one of the coolest bass tats I've ever seen!