Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass teacher in Dayton?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Goregrind29, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Ok so here is the deal, I am from Manhattan and I just moved to Dayton for school. Back in NYC bass teachers were plentiful. I had always wanted to take lessons, but never had the money. Now that i do, I can't find any teachers. Help!

2. mheintz

mheintz

Nov 18, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio correct? If so, Cincinnati is 45 minutes away and well worth the drive. Plenty of teachers. I only know the double bass teachers there, but I highly recommend going to the Blue Wisp jazz club on a night when an electric player is in the house. http://www.bluewispjazzclub.com/

You'll get all the connections that you'll need and a fine night at a jazz club to go with them. They may know some teachers in Dayton or live on the north side of Cinci within easy travel of Dayton.

3. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I live in Cincy and teach occaisionally. What are you interested in learning?

4. Thanks for the advice, but I am a Frehsman at University of Dayton.. that means no car! so I imagine getting to Cincy would be pretty tough.. if this was NYC i could take the subway! i miss the subway...And as far as learning, im interested in w/e any perticular teacher as to offer me, theory, technique, writing, in any style