Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass teacher in Denver, CO

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by JRB, Jan 30, 2006.

1. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a great bass teacher in Denver, CO (Boulder ok). I am an advanced bass player and make a portion of my income from music (gig's and teaching) but would love to find a great teacher who can help me grow as a musician. I was taking leasons from Kai Eckhardt before I moved to Denver so I know what good instructors are like.

I have heard there is a heavy cat named Garrett Sayers who plays for the motet but have not been able to get his email or contact info. If anyone has any teacher recommendation that would be great. Thanks for all the help and have a great day.

Jonathan

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    try info@themotet.net for Garrett. You can call Michael Friedman. PM me for phone number. I also have numbers for Robin Ruscio and Jon Cullison.

3. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Robin has been recommended to me a few times but let me know if you guy's know of somebody who is close to the Aurora/Parker/Centennial area. I wouldn't mind studying with somebody again.

4. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Michael is close to Bellview and Yosemite. He was the bassist for Dotsero for years.

5. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    I'll have to check into that when I get some time. Thanks for the info. I know Tony (Brent Anthony) Johnson is really good but he is way too far for me to hang out with..

6. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Thanks everyone,

have a great day.

Jonathan