1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass teacher in jacksonville

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by frankenjazz, Apr 16, 2010.

1. frankenjazz

frankenjazz

Jan 2, 2010
    hey this is my second time posting this in 6 months hopefully someone will be of help this time, I'm looking for a bass teacher in jacksonville florida, someone that can teach me jazz and ear training

2. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    have you ever tried CL.?

3. Demonator

Demonator

Jun 14, 2009
    L.J. Kentucky
    Dean Street Team
    wow, I was born there lol. As for teachers, not sure. Try maybe a music store that sells cds that help you train your ear.

4. frankenjazz

frankenjazz

Jan 2, 2010
    yea ive tried craigslist and its all a bunch of people my age (early 20s) replying with "yea man i can give you lessons but i dont do all that jazz and theory bull$*%^ and its only $70.00 per half hour"

5. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
  6. frankenjazz

frankenjazz

Jan 2, 2010
    the problem with alot of those ads are its alot of guitarists that give lessons on guitar and bass, and to be completely honest for ear training a guitarist is fine to take lessons from is fine but i want to learn how to play jazz bass and honestly guitarists and bassists have diffrent mentalitys when it comes to playing music....you can always tell when you hear a bass player play if he's a bass player or simply a guitarist playing some bass