Bass Teacher in North Carolina...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Preferably Eastern north carolina. I'd be willing to travel to, let's say Raleigh. I live in goldsboro, which is roughly 1.5 hours away.

I seek an experienced teacher who's well rounded, and I'm looking to learn anything and everything.

You could put me at "Intermediate" level.

Please! I'm looking. If anyone knows anyone and has reccomendations, etc. please tell me. I'm looking to advance my playing.
  2. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    sounds like we're in the same boat....i think lessons would probably be pretty helpful for me at this point

i'm in Montgomery county, tho
  3. I live in charlotte, i wouldnt mind teaching. problem is that im leaving for the navy in a month so i dont wan to start something i cant finish. go to a local music store and ask around im sure they would know.
  4. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Goldsboro is not so small that they wouldn't have bass teachers available. Try the music stores and schools.

Edit: My bad! I thought Goldsboro was bigger, but I see that it's population is around 40,000. I can see what you mean, but I would be willing to bet that somebody is available nearby.
  5. Still no bites...I want a REAL teacher, not some guitarist who will teach me the lead part to the Crazy Train intro on bass:p (although that is fun.)
  6. heres what you do. work, save some money, go to shows featuring local bands, then if you like their style of think they are good ask them if they teach.
  7. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    You said you'd go to Raliegh?

I happen to know a guy at the Raliegh Academy of Music, or something similar to that. Just type it in yahoo and you'll get it. My old (first and only btw) teacher teaches there. His name is Robert Horne. However, they do have bass specific teachers, that while I do not know myself, I hear are really neato teachers. Give them a try, I am sure you won't be let down.
  8. I've contacted them about it...anyone else have experience at raleigh acadamy of music?