1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Teacher Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by KOW613, Nov 17, 2006.

1. I will be returning to NYC January time and I'm looking or an instructor or the bass. I live in Manhattan so I would prefer if lessons could be there too. I started at the beg. of Nov and have been working on the basics of the bass and theory and would want to continue. If anone knows of anyone let me know. Thanks.

2. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Check in with Nino Valenti. He works for Sadowski, makes basses, and plays in a band. He might have some time available. He doesn't make a living as an instructor but he's a good bassist.

Jazz

3. Thanks Jazz,

Do you know how I could track down Mr. Valenti?

4. My friend Patrick Pfeiffer, author of "Bass Guitar foir Dummies"
    is an excellent musician, teacher, and person.
    BTW, I'm the "cover guy" on the book.

Best,
    Everett Boyd

www.sourkrautmusic.com

Attached Files:

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    My instructor, Buddy Booker, teaches in Manhattan. He's an amazing bass player, great teacher, and awesome guy. I definitely recommend contacting him.

6. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    +1 Nino is a good guy as well as a hell of a bassist (and bass builder too!).

7. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    The AFM just started goprolessons.com and it is so new that there are not many up there as of yet but I bring this up since one of the initial teachers on the site is Patrick Pfeiffer.

Wally

8. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    I'm not a full time teacher like some of these guys, but I've been playing 16 years and I'm more than willing to show you the ropes. (And I could use the cash. :)

I live in Brooklyn, but I'll come to you.

9. PeterLRodriguez

PeterLRodriguez

Jan 7, 2007
    NYC
    If any of those guys recommended don't work out, I'm available. I live in NJ, but I'm commuting to the city pretty much every day of the week and can do lessons in the city.

I have experience in Jazz Theory and groove playing if you're interested in working on that stuff. Let me know!