Bass teacher

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PunkO, Nov 7, 2000.

1. PunkO

Oct 22, 2000
    Hey does anyone know any websites that show you bass teachers online? I stopped taking lessons with my teacher and i want to start up again cause I really suck. So if anyone knows any sites or any one around the Morris county thats a good punk bass teacher or just a good teacher please tell me.
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Punk bass teacher is a contradiction in terms...

Seriously, Bunny Brunel has bass lessons on his website. Your best bet is to go to a music store in your area and ask the people there if they can recommend someone who's good.

As far as your "I really suck" comment about your playing, Let me say this:

Bass playing is not so much a physical act of getting sound out of the instrument as it is playing hte right note(s) at the right time. That being said, It sounds to me as if you haven't listened to enough music to develop a feel for the instrument. If you're at a very early stage, I'd go out and get some Rolling Stones CDs. sure they're geezers now, but they've influenced virtually every band that plays anything that sounds like rock since the mid 60's. ditto for the Beatles. I just mentioned the stones because Bill Wyman played simpler basslines. Listen to how the bass fots in the song. play along with the record and try different feels. Experiment and keep growing.

Will C.:cool:
  3. uh ill teach you some punk if you want