1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass teachers in Georgia?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Anon2962, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    I'm planning a trip to visit my brother in Atlanta, for a week or so, sometime between August and October. (Which will be my first time in the US :hyper: )

I was hoping that while there I could meet up with some bass teachers and arrange a lesson or two (classical, frech bow). Any ideas? I know naaating.

2. prelims222

prelims222

Sep 20, 2004
    Southeast US
    Ralph Jones.

3. kraid

kraid

Apr 11, 2003
    +1

4. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    I did a google, but can't find any contact info for Ralph. Anyone have his email address?

5. bierbass

bierbass

Sep 5, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    +1

I believe he teaches at Emory Univ. Try that route, also look up the ASO website, sometimes they have contact info.
    Have fun down in Atlanta.:)

6. BGreaney

BGreaney Guest

Mar 7, 2005
    There are a few of Ralph's students that go to school here. I'll ask one of them and send you a PM later today.

7. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    Thanks!:bassist:

8. flint

flint

Aug 24, 2004
    GA
    PM me too if you can.

Flint

9. dannbass

dannbass

Aug 5, 2003
    OH
    Hey Conor!
    I might be in Athens by that time, which is an hour from Atlanta, and almost for sure you could have lessons with Milton Masciadri, he is an excellent bass player and really nice person.

Lets keep in touch!
    Cheers

10. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    Yes, that'd be good. I read a little about Milton Masciadri on the net, and it looks good. He plays french bow i take it? Thanks.

11. dannbass

dannbass

Aug 5, 2003
    OH
    Yep man! He is french bow player.

12. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    Conor,

I studied with Milton for my masters. He is a good player and teacher, but much in the solo vain.

Ralph is a good all around teacher and could give you much more of an orchestral focus.

Also, let me recommend Doug Summers. He is an ASO player that teaches at Kennesaw State. (Slightly north west of Atlanta) Very good orchestral teacher.

If none of those guys are available- let me know. I can come up with more recommendations if you tell me your focus.

HTH,
    Brian

13. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    My teacher, Scott Smith lives and gigs in Atlanta.