Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass teachers in Sydney

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by snowfay, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Ok, i bought my first bass in May this year and because i didn't have enough money for it by myself, i bought it to share with my mate. I want to get lessons and good ones at that. But I can't find ANY - none! Please help me, I don't really care what the price of lessons is, but I do care that I can't play with any real skill yet. Stay cool. and thanks.

2. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Ring this number: (02) 9550 4048
    or email: info@bassplayer.com.au
    go to this website: www.bassplayer.com.au

I dont shop anywhere except this shop.
    Its maybe half an hour from you.
    Apparently the teacher there has graduated from berklee. I used to have lessons there but with a different teacher.
    The shop has a very good reputation so i dont think they would want to spoil it by having a **** teacher teach there. Also the owner of the shop, Karl, is a very good bloke.

3. For what it's worth. There is a bassist by the name of Libby Bee that does the Libster web site (www.libster.com). She says that she is a teacher in Sydney. There is some contact information on the web site.

4. I second the Bassplayer. A very good shop, with good teachers too I would imagine.
    Jim

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I want to go to that shop so bad, if only i didnt live 9 hours away :mad: :(