Bass Teachers Search Section

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Jazzin', Jul 26, 2005.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I recently posted the following in the TB lounge...

"Bass Teachers
    Hey. You know how when you edit your TB profile, it says:
    If you are available as a teacher (see above), select those areas in which you are comfortable providing instructionDouble Bass (Classical) Double Bass (Jazz) Bass Guitar

Where does one actually search for the people (the people who have checked at least one of those 3 boxes) who are available as teachers in one's area?

Because the whole thing seems useless to me unless there is a search option on TB."

Anyways, my suggestion is that a special "search for bass teachers" section be made somehow, not in forum form either. It could work in this way (searching with the following options to narrow it down):
    -you type in the area that you live
    -how far (how many miles) you are willing to go to see this bass teacher
    -what styles of playing you want to learn
    -URB or EBG

then after that, there is a pool of bassists to choose from, maybe with a price range, and theyre email address or phone number to contact them.
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    This can be accomplished by doing an advanced member search (except for the distance thing - that would be difficult...) :

I'll see if I can't make this link more prominent in the header (currently you must go to members list -> search members).